If you’re looking for a fun, easy project to do with your kids, look no further! These reindeer are made with paint and a simple footprint- a great memory and a fun project for you and the kids!
- The first step is to paint their feet brown. It should go without saying, but you’ll need to use nontoxic paint- no housepaint or spraypaint! Children’s fingerpaint works perfectly.
- Press the painted foot directly on a piece of blank paper. You child can either step on the paper directly or you can gently guide their foot into place.
- Draw some antler around the toes area.
- Place some googley eyes or draw some on- be creative! There are tons of variations out there for this.
- Make sure the reindeer has a nose! Add any other decorations as you see fit.
I guarantee your children will have a fun time with this project, and you’ll create a cherished memory together.
While you’re crafting together, this is a perfect time to check your child’s feet to make sure all is well. Pediatric foot health is often overlooked, since we associate foot problems with aging and years of abuse. However, it’s becoming increasingly frequent that children develop diabetes, which can often manifest symptoms in their feet and lead to complications like lesions that don’t heal. Check for cuts, scrapes, blisters, fungus, and pay close attention to what your child says about how their feet feel. Be sure to check for the 5 main signs you child has a foot problem. If your child mentions pain or numbness, be sure to schedule an appointment to see your favorite Troy podiatrist as soon as possible to get checked out.